Riva del Garda
When you consider cities such as Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan and Naples, as well as regions such as Tuscany, Umbria and The Riviera, Italy conjures a romantic image for any traveller.
There has been a constant flow of visitors to Italy over the centuries, however she still retains her authenticity through the regional food and drink, the fantastic historical sites, the stunning landscapes and her unique culture. Tour themes abound here and include the world-renowned art galleries, significant pilgrimage sites, wine routes, as well as the fascinating and tangible Roman history. Not forgetting the wonderful islands to visit such as Capri, Elba, Sardinia and Sicily.
Given the diversity of regions to visit, a stand-alone trip here is viable, though with her central location it is possible to include Italy as part of a longer European journey too.
Highlights of Italy
- The historic city of Rome
- The beautiful coastal regions of the Cinque Terre, the Italian Riviera and Amalfi Coast
- Religious sites including The Vatican, San Giovanni Rotondo and Assisi
- World-renowned producers of wine, spirits, beers and liqueurs
- Roman sites such as Pompeii, Herculaneum, The Forum and Verona Arena
- Fascinating museums and galleries including the Uffizi Gallery (Florence), the Ferrari Museum (near Modena), La Scala Theatre (Milan) and the Sistine Chapel (Rome)
- Beautiful lakes such as Garda, Bolsena, Como and Maggiore
- Wonderful walking opportunities
- Iconic landmarks such as the Rialto Bridge in Venice, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Trevi Fountain (Rome)
- Beautiful gardens including Villa Carlotta (Lake Como), Villa D'Este (Tivoli) and Isola Bella (Lake Maggiore)
- Historic palaces such as Caserta (near Naples), the Royal Palace of Turin and the Palazzo Ducale (Urbino)
- Stunning landscapes including Mount Etna (Sicily), the hills of Tuscany and the wine regions around Turin
- The lesser known and unexplored regions such as Calabria, Sardinia and Apulia, with its traditional trulli houses
- Authentic food experiences including producers of mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, parma ham and pasta makers
Tailor-making your tour
Whatever your preferred hotel standard or budget, we carefully select the accommodation for your tour. With a wealth of contacts from well-appointed hostels to 5 star luxury hotels, we are able to tailor-make your tour.
Add to this the experience our team has in operating itineraries to this region: we are able to offer suggestions for attraction visits, meal arrangements, local experiences to give a flavour of the region, knowledgeable local guides and events as examples.
For more information on the above and to discuss your tour requirements further, do please contact us.