St Bénézet Bridge, Avignon
France has something to offer every visitor, from the lively streets of Paris to the peaceful countryside of Provence and the impressive mountains of the Alps. Each region is unique in its landscape, food and drink, and attractions and all are fascinating to explore.
This is a stylish country which has a strong history, heritage and culture. With so many diverse visits to include in an itinerary, France can lend herself to almost any tour theme from religious pilgrimage to garden tours, and wine tasting to art trails. Many of these experiences are local and authentic which make for an unforgettable trip.
France can easily be included in a tour programme as a stand-alone trip. Given her central location in Europe, she is perfectly placed to be included in longer European journeys too. Either way, she will not disappoint visitors.
Highlights of France
- The beautiful city of Paris
- Palaces and chateaux including Versailles near Paris, Chenonceau in the Loire Valley and Palais du Papes in Avignon
- The stunning regions of Provence, the Dordogne Valley and the South of France
- Religious sites including Notre-Dame Cathedral Paris, Lourdes, Mont St-Michel and Fontenay Abbey
- Fascinating museums and galleries such as the Mémorial de Caen, The Louvre in Paris and Carcassonne Castle
- Beautiful gardens including Monet's at Giverny, Marqueyssac in the Dordogne and The Tuileries in Paris
- World-renowned vineyards and champagne tours and tastings
- The unique regions of the Alsace and Camargue
- The Normandy coastline and WWII history
- Literary delights such as Emile Zola, Victor Hugo and Jules Verne
- Art trails including Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet and Paul Cézanne
- Leisurely river cruises, some of which can include lunch or dinner
- Gourmet food trails
- WWI sites of Arras, Péronne, Verdun and Vimy Ridge
- Wonderful walking opportunities
Tailor-making your tour
Whatever your preferred hotel standard or budget, we carefully select the accommodation for your tour. With a wealth of contacts from well-appointed hostels to 5 star luxury hotels, we are able to tailor-make your tour.
Add to this the experience our team has in operating itineraries to this region: we are able to offer suggestions for attraction visits, meal arrangements, local experiences to give a flavour of the region, knowledgeable local guides and events as examples.
For more information on the above and to discuss your tour requirements further, do please contact us.