Germany and the Low Countries
Sitting in the very heart of Europe, Germany and the Low Countries of Holland and Belgium benefit from their central position, connecting the east to the west of this expansive continent.
Through their different landscapes, languages, architecture and cultures, all three countries offer great touring opportunities to their visitors. Though much smaller in size, Belgium and Holland are both more than able to fulfil and exceed any expectations for itineraries to this region, with a wealth of diverse visits on offer to travellers. Tour themes throughout these countries include walking tours, art trails, train journeys, religious pilgrimage, beer and wine tours and WWI and WWII trails.
Including some or all of these countries in a European tour is more than feasible, especially given their proximity to the UK, France, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe via the excellent ferry, flight and road connections.
Highlights of Germany, Belgium and Holland
- The historic capital cities of Berlin, Brussels and Amsterdam
- Beautiful gardens including the Keukenhof (near Amsterdam, Holland), the Castle of Havré (Mons, Belgium) and Sanssouci (Potsdam, Germany)
- The historic port cities of The Hague (Holland), Antwerp (Belgium) and Lübeck (Germany)
- Music trails of Germany such as Bach, Beethoven, Wagner, Brahms and Mendelssohn
- Fascinating museums and galleries including Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam), Rubenshuis (Antwerp, Belgium) and the fairytale Museum of Grimm World (Kassel, Germany)
- Wonderful walking opportunities
- Iconic landmarks such as the Berlin Wall (Germany), the Grand Place of Brussels (Belgium) and the windmills of Holland
- Art trails including Van Gogh, Rubens, Van Dyck and Magritte
- Scenic cruises such as the canals of Bruges (Belgium) and Amsterdam (Holland), the mighty Rhine and Mosel rivers (Germany) and Lakes Constance and Königssee (Germany)
- Historic palaces and castles such as Het Loo Palace (Apeldoorn, Holland), Beersel Castle (Brussels, Belgium) and Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany)
- Visit traditional crafts including lace (Belgium), porcelain (Holland) and Black Forest cuckoo clocks (Germany)
- Authentic food experiences such as world-renowned producers of beer, wine, cheese, liquorice, chocolates and cakes
- The traditional Christmas markets in each country, notably Valkenburg (Holland), Cologne (Germany) and Bruges (Belgium)
- WWI and WWII pilgrimage sites including In Flanders Field Museum (Ypres, Belgium), Colditz Castle (Germany) and Anne Frank's House (Amsterdam)
Tailor-making your tour
Whatever your preferred hotel standard or budget, we carefully select the accommodation for your tour. With a wealth of contacts from well-appointed hostels to 5 star luxury hotels, we are able to tailor-make your tour.
Add to this the experience our team has in operating itineraries to this region: we are able to offer suggestions for attraction visits, meal arrangements, local experiences to give a flavour of the region, knowledgeable local guides and events as examples.
For more information on the above and to discuss your tour requirements further, do please contact us.