This beautiful region, consisting of the kingdoms of Norway, Sweden and Denmark, is nestled to the very north of Europe, and has a distinct feel quite apart from its neighbours.
Each country can be explored indivdually, however with excellent ferry links and great road networks, it is possible to travel between the countries too. Though they share a number of cultural attributes each has a very individual character. Tour themes here can include Viking history, Royal Palaces, WWII history, walking tours, trains and general scenic trips.
Given the location, an extended stay to incorporate northern Europe as well as the UK is possible. As an alternative, exploring the Baltic states can be combined with a tour to this region too. With their unassuming and friendly manner, the Scandinavians always offer a warm welcome to their visitors.
Highlights of Scandinavia
- The historic capital cities of Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm
- The stunning Norwegian Fjords
- Religious sites including Nidaros Cathedral (Trondheim, Norway), Gamla Uppsala (Uppsala, Sweden), Roskilde Cathedral (Roskilde, Denmark) and the Stave Churches of Norway
- Impressive train journeys throughout the region
- Viking trails and experiences
- Fascinating museums such as the Vasa (Stockholm), the Open Air Museum at Lyngby (near Copenhagen) and Holmenkollen Ski Museum (near Oslo)
- The beautiful cities of southern Sweden such as Gothenburg, Marstrand and Sigtuna
- Wonderful walking opportunities
- The fairytale trails of Denmark
- Iconic landmarks such as the Little Mermaid (Copenhagen), The Arctic Circle Centre (Rognan, Norway) and Gamla Stan (Stockholm)
- Beer and vodka tours and tastings
- Scenic cruises through the fjords, the archipelago surrounding Sweden and the canals of Denmark
- Beautiful gardens including the Arboretum and Botanical Garden (Bergen, Norway), Rosenborg Castle (Copenhagen) and Gothenburg Botanical Garden (Sweden)
- Historic royal palaces in each capital city
Tailor-making your tour
Whatever your preferred hotel standard or budget, we carefully select the accommodation for your tour. With a wealth of contacts from well-appointed hostels to 5 star luxury hotels, we are able to tailor-make your tour.
Add to this the experience our team has in operating itineraries to this region: we are able to offer suggestions for attraction visits, meal arrangements, local experiences to give a flavour of the region, knowledgeable local guides and events as examples.
For more information on the above and to discuss your tour requirements further, do please contact us.