The Principality of Wales
Croeso i Gymru - Welcome to Wales!
Perhaps a lesser known gem within the United Kingdom, Wales has a history dating back to the Celts and Vikings. With over 700 historic sites scattered across the country, including castles, houses, abbeys and cathedrals, the Principality has long moulded its own history as well as that of the United Kingdom.
There are many treasures waiting to be explored from the bustling capital Cardiff to the sweeping wilderness of Snowdonia National Park. This region is a magnet for those wanting to feel a sense of history, to soak up the culture, or to simply walk the beautiful hills and coastal paths. With such a wealth of possibilities almost any itinerary theme is feasible.
With its own distinctive language and personality, a visit to Wales will make for an enchanting tour and will not disappoint the visitor.
Highlights of Wales
- The vibrant capital, Cardiff
- Fascinating castles including Conwy, Powis and Pembroke
- Snowdonia National Park
- Historic houses including Tredegar (near Cardiff) and Plas Mawr (Conwy)
- Stunning gardens such as Bodnant, The National Botanic Garden of Wales and Aberglasney
- Lovely coastal towns such as Tenby, Aberaeron, Llandudno and Fishguard
- Isle of Anglesey
- Religious sites including St David's and Tintern Abbey
- Coal, gold, copper and slate mine tours
- Vineyard, distillery and brewery tours and tastings
- Leisurely steam train rides
- Wonderful walking opportunities
- Welsh male voice choirs
Tailor-making your tour
Whatever your preferred hotel standard or budget, we carefully select the accommodation for your tour. With a wealth of contacts from well-appointed hostels to 5 star luxury hotels, we are able to tailor-make your tour.
Add to this the experience our team has in operating itineraries to this region: we are able to offer suggestions for attraction visits, meal arrangements, local experiences to give a flavour of the region, knowledgeable local guides and events as examples.
For more information on the above and to discuss your tour requirements further, do please contact us>.