From the wilds of the Highlands to vibrant cities, and from ancient castles to modern museums, Scotland offers something for everyone to enjoy whilst visiting. From top to toe, this country is bursting with remarkable sites, all of which add to the rich history of the country and to any tour itinerary.
With a strong national identity, Scotland can claim its uniqueness through its clans, Norse heritage, royal intrigue, poetry and literature, music, food, world-renowned whisky distilleries and stunning unspoilt countryside. The islands surrounding the mainland are a must for those wanting to experience a more traditional side to this fascinating country, with the Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland being amongst the most popular – though there are plenty of others to consider too.
This eternally popular country has much to offer its visitors and never fails to deliver.
Highlights of Scotland
- The bustling cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow
- The Scottish Highlands
- The islands
- Royal visits including the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Glamis Castle, The Royal Yacht Britannia, and Castle of Mey
- Religious sites such as Roslyn Chapel, Iona, Melrose Abbey and St Giles Cathedral
- Historic palaces and houses including Linlithgow, Scone, and Mount Stuart
- Fascinating castles such as Urquhart, Eilean Donan, Edinburgh, Stirling and Duart
- Prehistoric sites such as the Standing Stones of Stenness, Callanish and Maeshowe
- World-renowned whisky distillery tours and tastings
- Literary delights such as Robert Burns and J M Barrie
- Wonderful walking opportunities
- Beautiful gardens
- Leisurely steam train rides and loch cruises
- Fascinating museums including the Burrell Collection, John Knox House, Robert Burns Birthplace and Abbotsford
Tailor-making your tour
Whatever your preferred hotel standard or budget, we carefully select the accommodation for your tour. With a wealth of contacts from well-appointed hostels to 5 star luxury hotels, we are able to tailor-make your tour.
Add to this the experience our team has in operating itineraries to this region: we are able to offer suggestions for attraction visits, meal arrangements, local experiences to give a flavour of the region, knowledgeable local guides and events as examples.
For more information on the above and to discuss your tour requirements further, do please contact us>.